Specialist Deli Supervisor
An opportunity has arisen for a Specialist Deli Supervisor within a busy service station. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with the company HACCP system and food safety standards, quality food preparation in both hot and cold counters as well as excellent customer service. They will also be accountable for ensuring that the Deli department is at all times ready for audit and inspection by Food Safety Authority Inspectors. This staff member must ensure that there is adequate staffing and that rosters are being modified to meet with the service demands of the customers.
The post holder will also liaise with the general manager to ensure health and safety standards within the shop are adhered to at all times and arranging for corrective action to be taken where hazards are identified. Further development of companies’ policies and procedures is ongoing.
This role carries a competitive remuneration package which will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organising the day-to-day operations of Deli department in terms of quality product, attractive display, competitive price and efficient service.
- Maintaining records of temperature and other food safety checks on the Deli and storage areas.
- Ongoing developing of LEAN systems to ensure that wastage is controlled and minimised.
- Conducting audits on incoming food deliveries to ensure that quantity of products being received are of an acceptable quality & standard.
- Accompanying Food Safety Inspectors during their visits to site and making sure that any improvements or directions are completed.
- Preparing monthly reports for the General Manager in relation to food safety, policies, procedures and company’s best practice
- Regular review of the company’s HACCP system and organising a program of continuous improvement.
- Updating the Allergy register and regular stocktaking
- Serving customers on the Deli counter.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in developing and managing HACCP systems
- Good attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative
- A QQI level 7 qualification in food safety.
- A QQI level 7 qualification in quality assurance/ quality control.