Deli Manager - Full Time
MACE Kildimo, Kildimo, Co Limerick, V94YEY4 require a full time Deli Manager.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To ensure the fresh foods department is profitable, operates efficiently, effectively, and hygienically to ensure safe food commensurate with the highest standards of service and products.
Management Operational Responsibilities
- Ensure standards are consistently implemented in terms of housekeeping, merchandising, presentation and service to ensure safe food practices and eliminate cross contamination
- Monitor and control all fresh food department budgets & overheads
- Manage product range and quality in store, to develop and deliver agreed sales, margins & profitability across the fresh food departments
- Manage new fresh food projects and the maintenance and development of existing concepts and promotions
- Participate in Fresh Food Department review meetings and ensure that all action points are carried out
- Manage the marketing and P.O.S material of menus, offers and product range
- Plan and adapt to market trends and seasonality demands as they arise and implement within the department
- Ensure merchandising and product presentation is of the highest standard at all times
- Successfully achieve symbol group award through the store standards programme
- Ensuring consistent standards of excellence in customer service are provided at all times
- Ensure all customer service initiatives are in place & that all complaints are dealt with in accordance with the BWG protocol as per the BWG Food Safety Manual
- Implement the learning’s from every customer complaint to prevent recurrences and as a training tool for continuous improvement
- Successfully manage the role as Food Safety Leader for the store
- Ensure an effective, up to date Food Safety Management System is in place and is compliant in meeting all HACCP regulatory requirements
- Ensure policies and procedures pertaining to fresh food departments are fully understood, implemented and managed using the BWG Food Safety Manual
- Work with other department managers to achieve, maintain and improve the Q Mark status through internal auditing, corrective actions and continuous improvement of standards throughout the store.
- Develop relationships with any external auditor (e.g. EHO) and liaise with them on identified non-conformances in order to improve the standards of the fresh food area.
- Ensure effective stock control & rotation systems are in place so that quality and freshness of products are of the highest standards
- Identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss through wastage, damages, out of date stock etc.
- Utilise stock effectively and efficiently to minimise and control fresh food waste, where waste occurs stock to be accurately recorded and discarded appropriately
Employee Relations & Management
- Achieve department success through fostering strong relationships with the fresh department staff through positive communication, engagement and delegation
- Ensure all appropriate training is completed by team members and where applicable refresher training is provided
- Develop all team members to their strengths and full potential to the mutual benefit of the individual, the team and the business
- Assist in the recruitment, selection and on-boarding process so that the department consistently delivers the desired standards
- Rostering and general management of staff
- Ensure employees comply with all current food safety regulations & control systems in accordance with the BWG food safety manual
- Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable in the product range, adhere to planograms and follow departmental procedures
- Take full care of Health and Safety of personnel and ensure any risks are minimised, and where possible eliminated
- Ensure full legal compliance with all food safety regulation including the allergen Regulations as outlined in the BWG Food Safety Manual and training documents
- Ensure full legal compliance of pricing and labelling of prepack and loose products in the department
- To work collaboratively with Management and all store employees in achieving department & store objectives
- To undertake other additional duties as may be assigned by Store Manager
- Work in conjunction with BWG Fresh Foods department experts to learn new concepts, concessions and product range, with the view to implementation at store level
- Query all food safety issues with the BWG Food Safety & Quality Department
- Continuously reference and utilise the BWG Foods extranet for product ordering, relevant documentation, keeping informed of legislative updates, and to avail of appropriate training and development opportunities for up skilling.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience in Fresh food/deli management is essential.
- Possesses relevant food safety and HACCP qualifications.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and develop others to contribute to stores success.
- Possesses excellent organisational and communication skills together with moderate computer literacy
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities across fresh food departments.
- Self-starter with hands on approach and a passion for fresh food.
- Excellent knowledge of understanding customers’ needs and expectations for the ‘wow’ in store experience.
- Committed to continually improving standards & delivering great customer experiences in a busy environment.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced team environment and with a willingness to embrace new challenges